Sunday, February 19, 2006

The sirens of shopping

- You want anything to go with that sweater? A pair of jeans?
- Er, I dunno...
- I have something I think is gonna look very good on you. Come here, I'll show you.

Clothing vendors are so service-minded. Jean-Paul was just looking for something long-sleeved, but he guessed he could always use some extra jeans. Or socks. Or teeshirts. The textile pusher fingered with her hair and pretended to scrutinise the unnecessarily baggy jeans he had just put on.

- They look goood. The low back pockets are very in right now.
- You think? I feel it's not quite me.
- We have more.
- No thanks.

Jean-Paul walked out of the store, satisfied that he had once again managed to resist the lure of foxy saleswomen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put. All too recognizable. How are things in Trondheim?

5:00 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

Allright. The trønders are rather laidback, but they're good. Allround reporting is fun, I learn new stuff about technique every day.

I'm in Oslo in two weeks. I expect an update on cultural life in the City of the Tiger.

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home