Thursday, June 07, 2007

That's entertainment



We know that the two crime authors at the bottom of the heap are brilliant. But in general I'm no fan of crime novels, so I'm a bit sceptic towards Thomas M.'s latest literary recommendation, which is lying on top. Jo Nesbø's talents include football, singing/songwriting and societal analysis, so I'm giving his debut novel Flaggermusmannen (The bat man) a try. The setting is my former country of residence for one year, Australia, so it shouldn't be that bad.

But before that, I'm attending a seminar on the Quality Reform of higher education in Norway. It happens at Ås, which this weekend also hosts the national board meeting of my acquintances in the other national student union in Norway.

Next week I'll be in Stockholm, enjoying a one-week vacation. The plan is to do absolutely nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I suspect my recommendation stands rock solid, Monsieur Øye. Hils Stockholm fra meg!

4:40 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

Nesbø kan offisielt tilrådast andre krimfans også. Habilt lesestoff, punktum.

Stockholm er også bra.

10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home