Saturday, January 06, 2007

5 things you didn't know about me



Okay, you might know a few of them. Since the different readers of this column have known me for various amounts of time, some of these facts will hardly be news to all of you.

The challenge to present these information nuggets came from the journalist, literato and aspiring author Thomas M. If you, dear reader, write a similar piece on your blog it would be nice. But I'm not challenging you.

1. I'm not really from the Trøndelag area, but from the neighbouring region of Nordmøre. Most Norwegians can't really tell the big difference between the two, but I suffered through a mild identity and dialect crisis when I moved from Surnadal to Orkdal at the age of 13.

2. When I play the guitar, the most-imitated artist is Neil Young. Among the people who already know this are various flatmates throughout the last three years, who've had to endure my oft-repeated chord sequences and occasional attempts at melodic play.

3. My favourite football team is Blackburn Rovers, but I stopped being a passionate fan several years ago. My all-time favourite player is Alan Shearer, the best English striker in the 1990s.

4. My flatmates right now are Erlend and Jakob. Since I mostly use the apartment for sleep and food, I don't know them really well. What I do know is that they're both occasionally eager chess players and that they discuss wildly absurd topics rather often.

5. I bought a pair of running trainers yesterday. This means a new life of jogging and healthy lifestyle, until I again succumb to the old misconception that I'll be young and invincible until I'm forty no matter what I do to my body.

2 Comments:

Blogger Åse Toril said...

E e stoillt over å ha kjennskap te både ponkt æn å to.

Å gla fær at de finnst nåinn her i vern så kan skjæl æn surndaling frå æn trønder.

Å ikkje minjst vætta færskjell på æn surndala å todala

her på østlainne e e mæst trønder. dæmm så drista se te å spesifiser eitt område, mænna inntrøndelag i nord-trøndelag

11:06 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

Takk for sist,

Ja, nordmørsdialekten he lite t felles me bytrøndersken. Like greitt.

Tonefallet e vatna ut, men e prøva desperat å redd litt av surnadals-dativen. Med lite hell.

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home