Thursday, September 07, 2006

The office


Photo by Mikael Strand

It involves arguments, sarcasm, bad humour and the occasional fancy dinner paid for by someone else. But most of my job consists of reading.

E-mails, letters, hearings, documents, articles, my organisation's policy documents, declarations, statements, post-its, other organisations' policy documents, communiqués, msn messages, the government's policy documents. The list goes on an on.

My main worry is that my news language will be wrecked by reading and writing documents that are usually unnecessarily complicated in both form and content. Try to explain the future of Education Europe without really knowing what's going to happen. In two pages. That's what I've been doing the last couple of weeks.

It's more rewarding than sports reporting in Volda, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home