Sunday, November 13, 2005

Wild is the wind

My 20-page bachelor paper is due in ten days and I can't get started. So what could be better than at trip into the Sunnmørsalps to find inspiration?

As usual I had no idea what to wear and pack for the trip. Since I have no mountain gear to speak of, I settled for army boots and a lousy rain jacket. When my comrades and I were standing at the top of Sandhornet (909m), the wind was blowing a bit too fast and the snow was getting bothersome. Some would say it's silly to believe that the weather at 50 metres above sea level will be the same at 900m. The sad thing is that the frequency of my ventures to the peaks of Sunnmøre is so low that the hard-acquired wisdom of this trip will be forgotten by next time.

I didn't get any inspiration for my paper, which will be a mind-boggling investigation into the political bias among the aspiring journos in Volda. I'm still convinced that I would be worse off as a person if I'd sat in my room trying to write the bloody paper instead of visiting Mother Nature today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

What seems to be the single most stupid thing to do at the time, often shows itself to be clever later on.

11:38 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

It's better to regret what you did than didn't. If it feels good, do it.

As long as you've got a fair arsenal of aphorisms, you can defend almost anything.

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så du er internasjonalt "publikum"? Jeg skriver uansett ikke på engelsk - sist jeg prøvde muntlig ble det omtrent sånn: "How often have you got the shit from det birds flying around in your head?"
Vel,ikke mange måker på turen vår, men gøy var det lell!

11:16 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

Wannabe-internasjonal er vel meir passande. Engelsken din høyres jo ut som fløyel. Bortsett frå det med skiten da.

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home