Sunday, May 15, 2005

Post-documentary remarks

The Norwegian Documentary Film Festival is over, and I didn't manage to catch a single one of the 50 screenings. For my birthday this year I'll wish for the ability to say "no" when someone asks me to do something. Yesterday's award ceremony was the highlight of the festival, but since I was covering the event for the regional newspaper Sunnmørsposten, I couldn't let myself completely loose. Today's hangover was fortunately quite moderate, which made the writing only slightly tiresome.

For most of the participating students in Volda, the festival was probably the most amusing four-five days this semester. And not just because beer cost only three Euros. All the visitors from abroad and the rest of the country made the event an exception from the pattern that usually dominates our little village. Meeting new people is increasingly a rare privilege the longer you stay here.

Finding time to read for exams has been impossible this week. Prospects are only marginally better the next seven days, but hopefully there will be fewer nights out. I'll probably not work too much this summer, and look forward to a partially deserved holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I agree, the documentary festival is an unique possibility for all of us to get our minds challenged, and to meet new and (for a change) interesting people. This festival is undoubtedly the best thing about Volda.

8:34 pm  
Blogger Yngvason said...

We're already looking forward to next year.

11:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home